Google summarizes the year for its digital content store – “Google Play”. Every year the corporation based in California publishes an annual report about the best Google Play apps for 2016 -including applications, games, movies, TV shows, books and music.
Here are some worthwhile mentions on the “Best Google Play apps 2016” list
As it was expected, Pokemon GO reached the first place among games for 2016. It is no wonder, because the hit of the year was the fastest mobile game to earn $600 million in revenue – and, in 90 days. Pokemon GO was installed on almost 11% of Android devices in the United States and users have spent 45% of their smartphone gaming time on this game.
Face Changer 2 has made it to the best Google Play apps 2016 list with 50 millions of users. This Application swaps faces between friends with favorite pop-culture characters. Selfie editing apps were really trending this year and you can see two more of them in the Google Play top-5 list: Lumyer and MSQRD.
In the movie category of 2016, superhero movie franchises are dominating the top-list, as well as in the book category, which is lead by Deadpool (comic book). It was even more popular than the highly expected Harry Potter book. Game of Thrones kept The Walking Dead away to once again claim the ‘Iron Throne’ as the most popular TV show of 2016.
Check out Google Play’s top five lists for the most popular content around the world for 2016 below:
TOP TRENDING APPS of 2016
- Face Changer 2
- Lumyer – Photo & Selfie Editor
- Castbox – Podcast Radio Music
- Emoji Keyboard Pro
TOP TRENDING GAMES of 2016
TOP 5 STREAMED SONGS of 2016
- Stressed Out, Twenty One Pilots
- Sorry, Justin Bieber
- One Dance (feat. WizKid & Kyla), Drake
- Don’t Let Me Down (feat. Daya), The Chainsmokers
- Me, Myself & I, G-Eazy
TOP 5 MOVIES of 2016
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Captain America: Civil War
- Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice
TOP 5 TV SHOWS of 2016
TOP 5 BOOKS of 2016
- Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe by Cullen Bunn
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: Parts One and Two by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany, Jack Thorne
- The Girl on the Train: A Novel by Paula Hawkins
- The Art of War by Tzu Sun
- Me Before You: A Novel by Jojo Moyes
Google Play was launched on March 6, 2012, bringing together the Android Market, Google Music, and the Google eBookstore under one brand, marking a shift in Google’s digital distribution strategy. The services operating under the Google Play banner are: Google Play Music, Google Play Books, Google Play Newsstand, Google Play Movies&TV and Google Play Games. The Google Play store has reached over 2.2 million apps published and over 50 billion downloads.